The aim of the INSTAMED project is to create an integrated hardware and software platform for the standardization and advanced automation, through IoT (Internet of Things) and/or CPS (Cyber-Physical Systems) technologies, of the processes of diagnosis, treatment and surgical treatment in a personalized medical perspective.
THE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
The objective of the INSTAMED project is to create a platform of "clinical collaboration" that will act as a link of information for the interaction between the various systems and subjects that in various ways will intervene in the processes of diagnosis and treatment (from the clinician in the department, the system for molecular diagnostics, the biologist in the laboratory that performs the analysis, the support to decisions during the reporting phase, the clinician who prescribes, the pharmacist who prepares the galenic drug, etc.).
The project is developed according to various research dimensions, ranging from the design and implementation of devices for molecular diagnosis to equipment for diagnosis and minimally invasive interventional procedures in the ophthalmology field, the evaluation of data processed by the genetics laboratory, and the definition of standards and procedures for the preparation of customized galenic drugs.
The INSTAMED platform will be able not only to manage locally and remotely the hardware and software systems in a highly innovative context that sees in IoT (Internet of Things) and CPS (Cyber Physical Systems) the elective implementation technologies, but also to provide hospitals with a tool for the practice of precision medicine, through a patient management that takes into account the multitude of information available on it to make the patient's treatment path as personalized as possible.
Exprivia will take care of it:
- to realize the platform able to support the processes related to the collaboration between the clinical world that carries out molecular genetic screening requests and the analysis laboratories in charge of genetic investigations
- to integrate the genomic and expression profile information of an individual into the medical record
- to design analysis pipelines for the evaluation of the clinical significance of genome mutations and for the interpretation of gene expression data
- to define Machine Learning algorithms to cluster patients into clinical phenotypes (based on available genomic and clinical information and on evidence extracted from scientific literature) in order to identify useful correlations for the definition of a personalized therapy
- to define standardized ways of integration with SPCs for molecular diagnostics and interventional diagnostics
- to test and validate the platform in real clinical contexts of personalized diagnosis and treatment of oncological, corneal and rare diseases.
National Operational Programme “Enterprise and Competitiveness” 2014-2020 ERDF - AXIS 1 - Innovation - Action 1.1.3
- MASMEC S.p.A. - lead company
- Exprivia S.p.A.
- Farmalabor S.r.l.
- LIGI Medical Technologies