The project involved the complete replacement of the existing application environment, based on IBM AS400 applications, and the creation of new environments not covered by the legacy system, such as HR and production management and control.
When developing the project full use was made of the SAP S/4HANA processes typically associated with the Food & Beverage segment and business relations with the large-scale retail industry, such as Financials and Management Accounting, Human Capital Management, Purchase to Pay, Forecast To Stock, Warehouse Management/Stock Transfer, Offer to Cash, Settlement Management for the management of Customer Rewards and Bonuses with the large-scale retail industry, Quality Management for the complete traceability and sampling of the product in all procurement, processing and distribution phases, Split Valuation and Material Ledger for the accurate analysis of the actual cost of the product and profitability. These were suitably supplemented with the following solutions:
- Sales rep management and determination of relative fees.
- Management of procurement and customer warehouse stocks (Vendor-Managed Inventory).
The new system interfaces with:
- SIAN: Sistema Informativo Agricolo Nazionale (National Farming Information System) for the transmission of information on olive oil stock movements.
- SIE: Management system for physical warehouse movements.
- SIO: Tank valve control system for the movement, blending and sending of the olive oil for bottling.
- EDI: different EDI communication systems with the retail industry.
- MES: factory control system.
Farchioni found SAP S/4HANA to be the right solution for improving, streamlining, integrating and optimising company processes and turning them into highly fluid “commodities” which, extremely focused on their goals thanks to the Analytics tool developed, enabled the Family to focus on developing the business and searching for new markets for its quality products.