Exprivia contributes to the implementation of the stations that receive, process and distribute Copernicus data, the Payload Data Ground Segments.
Exprivia developed the following components of the Copernicus Programme:Sentinel missions
- Sentinel-1 Core Payload Data Ground Segment (PDGS) implementation
- Sentinel-2 Core PDGS implementation
- Sentinel-3 Core PDGS implementation
- S-2 Simplified Level 2 Product Prototype Processor (SL2P)
- S-3 Geometric Calibration Tool for In Orbit Performances Verification (S3GeoCal)
- User Services Next Generation (USNG)
- Sentinel-2 Ground Prototype Processor (GPP)
- Sentinel 1-2-3 Demodulator and Front End Processing System (DFEP)
- Cosmo – SkyMed SAR Processors and ACQ S/S Maintenance (2013-2018)
- Cosmo – SkyMed SAR Processors and ACQ S/S
- CNM (Italian Multimission Centre at Matera)
Exprivia roles in the Copernicus Programme
During development phase Exprivia | Italtel, within large industrial European consortia, played key roles in the following areas of Copernicus Ground Segments:
- overall design and technical coordination,
- system level architecture and interfaces definition,
- specific SW components design and development,
- support for on-site deployment,
- test data generation and interface simulators,
- integration, validation and qualification activities in the operational centres
Beyond development of Copernicus systems Exprivia is involved in Operations & Maintenance contracts.
Exprivia has been already awarded Operations & Maintenance sub-contracts for Sentinel 1 PDGS, Sentinel 3 PDGS Land, Marine, and MPC centres. Exprivia is providing maintenance and engineering support services for Sentinel 2 PDGS and is chasing the business opportunity for Sentinel 2 PDGS Operations & Maintenance contract.
For further details on Copernicus missions http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Observing_the_Earth/Copernicus