Copernicus is the world’s largest single Earth Observation Programme and is coordinated by the EC in partnership with ESA. It comprises many Earth Observation missions: the Sentinel satellites and the contributing missions (European and from single Member States).
ACS (a company of Exprivia Group) contributes since 2010 to the implementation of the stations that receive, process and distribute Copernicus data, the Payload Data Ground Segments.
Exprivia ACS developed the following components of the Copernicus Programme:
Cosmo – SkyMed (contributing mission of ASI – Italian Space Agency)
- Sentinel-1 Core Payload Data Ground Segment (PDGS) implementation
- Sentinel-2 Core PDGS implementation
- Sentinel-3 Core PDGS implementation
- S-2 Simplified Level 2 Product Prototype Processor (SL2P)
- S-3 Geometric Calibration Tool for In Orbit Performances Verification (S3GeoCal)
- User Services Next Generation (USNG)
- Sentinel-2 Ground Prototype Processor (GPP)
- Sentinel 1-2-3 Demodulator and Front End Processing System (DFEP)
- Cosmo – SkyMed SAR Processors and ACQ S/S Maintenance (2013-2018)
- Cosmo – SkyMed SAR Processors and ACQ S/S
- CNM (Italian Multimission Centre at Matera)
Exprivia ACS roles in the Copernicus Programme
During development phase Exprivia ACS, within large industrial European consortia, played key roles in the following areas of Copernicus Ground Segments:
- overall design and technical coordination,
- system level architecture and interfaces definition,
- specific SW components design and development,
- support for on-site deployment,
- test data generation and interface simulators,
- integration, validation and qualification activities in the operational centres
Beyond development of Copernicus systems Exprivia ACS is involved in Operations & Maintenance contracts.
Exprivia ACS has been already awarded Operations & Maintenance sub-contracts for Sentinel 1 PDGS, Sentinel 3 PDGS Land, Marine, and MPC centres. Exprivia ACS is providing maintenance and engineering support services for Sentinel 2 PDGS and is chasing the business opportunity for Sentinel 2 PDGS Operations & Maintenance contract.
For further details on Copernicus missions http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Observing_the_Earth/Copernicus